Leiden University College The Hague (LUC) of the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs is looking for a
Project Officer (0.8 fte)
Vacancy number 17-412
The Project officer will be working closely with LUC’s Programme Board, College Board, and members of the support staff. Our new colleague will assist us with a number of practical tasks related to LUC’s educational programme. This includes tasks such as organization of workshops for staff and students, coordination of public outreach efforts, providing support in building and maintaining a network with external partners, assist with fundraising activities, coordination of faculty and student handbooks, and other projects. The precise tasks and projects may vary across time according to the needs and circumstances.
- We are looking for an organised and analytical graduate with a can-do attitude and a drive to improve and succeed;
- Applicants should have excellent English and Dutch language skills;
- We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with all levels of staff in a collaborative international environment, be able to prioritise work effectively, and be able to work efficiently under conditions of competing priorities;
- The candidate should be flexible and willing to take on a diversity of projects or tasks;
- A minimum of two years previous experience in policy work in a Higher Education environment or project organization is a must; knowledge of and experience with Liberal Arts and Sciences Colleges is highly appreciated.
The Faculty of governance and Global Affairs is one of the seven faculties of Leiden University. Firmly rooted in the academic tradition, our students and researchers work together with national and international partners on new insights and solutions to current issues at the crossroads of politics, public administration and international law.
Leiden University College The Hague (LUC The Hague) was founded in 2010 as the international honours college of Leiden University in The Netherlands for a select group of excellent and highly motivated students from around the world. The LUC academic staff consists of highly ambitious and international scholars recruited from top institutes across the globe, who combine excellent teaching skills with conducting innovative multidisciplinary research. Further information about LUC The Hague can be found on our website: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/governance-and-global-affairs/leiden-university-college-the-hague.
LUC The Hague offers a temporary position as Project Officer. Appointment will be according to the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (cao Nederlandse Universiteiten) for a period of one year. Extension of the temporary contract is possible for one year depending on performance and finances. The salary level depends on previous experience, and normally ranges between € 2,709 and € 3,722 (scale 9) gross per month for a full-time position.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at http://www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
For further inquiries, please contact the Operational Manager, Dr. Kim Duistermaat, email email@example.com.
To apply for this vacancy, please send no later than 23 October 2017 an email to our Personnel Department via PenOvacatures@FGGA.leidenuniv.nl.
Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents in PDF format, quoting the vacancy number:
• A letter of motivation;
• A CV;
• The names and addresses of two potential referees.
Each of the above mentioned documents should be separate PDF files.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.